Today there is very little argument against diversity being an essential component for any organization to remain competitive and productive in the ever-changing global business market.
Virtually every business requires new technique to take full advantage of the opportunities whether operating domestically or world wide.
Diversity must be kept at the forefront when it comes to any business decisions and strategies. Because at the end of the day, an organization’s diversity policy affects its bottom line.
I believe one of the fundamental questions any CEO, owner, manager or the HR personnel need to ask , “How is diversity or the lack thereof affecting our revenue?”
Here are a few thoughts to keep in mind:
- The labour workforce demographics are changing fast. As the world changes and grows the workplace must too. It must reflect the world culturally, economically and socially.
- When the demographics reflect the outside world and increasing globalization, business owners and managers are better in tune with trends and thus ready to adapt, innovate and prosper.
- When we talk about diversity, it’s not just about cultural diversity, but more importantly about to productivity and profits.
- While we are all different, when you simply accept one perspective, growth and innovation move at a much more sluggish pace and adapting to our quickly changing world sometime just does not occur.
- Today, people of all ages, faiths, ethnic backgrounds, races, sexual orientation, disabilities, skills and diverse degrees of education work together to bring about a dynamic workforce. This generates new concepts, opinions and beliefs which only make any organization grow and prosper.