These day it can can be challenging to have a stable workforce, otherwise an organization becomes a revolving door. Constantly having to replace employees is not only time consuming but also detrimental to the bottom line.
There are no perfect solutions to create a welcoming and harmonious environment designed to achieve a high level of staff retention. However, here are two initiatives, mentoring and diversity training education, can go a long way toward creating an environment where everyone feels welcome and helps retention.
Here are some tips:
- Try to be flexible. Certain cultures have different requests such as attending funerals/weddings of extended relatives/friends, which is often not the norm among the mainstream Canadians.
- Be very proactive by celebrating/acknowledging social occasions such as Diwali (Indian festival of lights), Chinese News Year, St Patrick’s Parade, etc.
- Be open-minded and listen to their contribution
- Try to accommodate employee differences
- Value aptitude and initiates
- Foster retention
Create a workforce that welcomes all employees from all walks of life and makes them feel respected and valued. Diversity educational training should be done on a regular basis.
Leave A Comment