Is there such thing as a perfect resume? Well apparently not. You can get the advice of a variety of professional resume experts and they will all offer you different opinions. Are they right? Yes and no.
The bottom line is that it all depends who looks at your resume. And eventually you have to decide what truly works for you. This is extremely important for new immigrants or individuals who are trying to get back into the job market.
Here are some basic tips that you should incorporate.
- Employers want to know what you have accomplished without requiring small details. All they really want to know how you can increase their productivity and profit margin.
- Custom design your resume to meet the needs of the employer. Use certain key words to reflect the job description. And avoid giving entire work history, fifteen to twenty years is sufficient.
- Do not bother mentioning what your needs are because many employers really do not care. They want to know what can you do for them. Bottom line: How can you make their lives easier?
- Begin your resume with an outstanding statement after your name. This will entice them to continue reading it.
- Make sure your resume is easy to read and that it flows without using sophisticated or awkward words.
The main objective of your resume is to get you the interview. But if you are not getting call-backs, then you may want to consult with a professional to see how you can fine tune your resume to get an interview and eventually land a job.
Leave A Comment